In on- and offshore projects the lifting equipment such as polyester round slings or wire rope grommets are at some point no longer suitable because of their size, weight and health & safety requirements.
The solution is called EXTREEMA®. EXTREEMA® round slings are made from 100% Dyneema® fibers. This makes the slings 15 times stronger than steel on weight to weight basis. Compared to polyester, EXTREEMA® slings are 3 times lighter with a much smaller diameter. Notb only are the core yarns of the sling 100% Dyneema®, the protective covers are also made from Dyneema®. This makes the EXTREEMA® slings the most durable slings on the market.
Depending on the type of lifting operation, other protection sleeves can be proposed, such as Cordura® or polyester.
- 100% Dyneema® (HMPE)
- Up to 4.000T MBL in straight lift, and 8.000T MBL in U-lift
- Extremely low weight (8 to 10 times lighter than steel).
- Extremely flexible and soft, easy to handle.
- Extremely small diameter.
- Extremely low elongation (less 1% at WLL).
- Extremely high cut resistance.
- Extremely high abrasion resistance.
- Extremely good puncture resistance.
- Extremely high resistance to UV exposure.
- D:d = 1:1 (>WLL 200T D:d = 1:1,5)
- Good resistance to chemicals.
- Does not absorb water.
- Less back and hand injuries, increased efficiency.
- Cost saving, long service life.
- Repairable sling.
- No scrap, no damage to coil.
- Proofload of sling on demand. (DNV, Lloyds Register,etc).
- Offshore Wind Industry. (Load-out, transportation & installation).
- Offshore Oil & Gas lifting & installation projects
- Engineered Heavy lifts.
- Subsea installation, rigging, mooring & lifting projects
- Defense & Nuclear Industry lifting projects.
- Renewable Foundations, Jackets, Monopile, Turbine & Blades manufacture.
- Offshore Decommissioning & Salvage.
- DNV Proofload –or Breakload test certificates, CE-declarations (on demand)
EXTREEMA® is a registered trademark of LIFT-TEX® from Netherland. Use of this trademark is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
Dyneema® is a registered tredemark of DSM Dyneema®. Use of this trademark is prohibited unless strictly authorized.